JOB: Curriculum Development Specialist - Internews Network Inc.
Curriculum Development Specialist
Internews Network Inc.
International non-profit media development organization
Closing date: 22 Sep 2009
Duration: 2 months
Internews Network is seeking a short-term, part-time experienced media
development consultant to create an innovative online/distance learning
course for NGO staff on media monitoring of relevant health and
development issues, especially HIV/AIDS, but also family planning and
malaria. The course will focus on developing and using a practical system
for tracking media coverage of health and development issues and using the
results to guide strategic actions for improving coverage.
The course is a part of the Communication for Change (C-Change) project,
USAID's flagship program for improving the effectiveness and
sustainability of communication programs across population, health,
environment and civil society sectors, and will be designed in
collaboration with Ohio State University.
The position is a part-time consultancy, to be completed within two months
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Liaise with Ohio State University to get orientated to instructional
design and structure of their online courses
- Develop draft course curriculum and incorporate feedback from partners
- Assist in pretesting of curriculum and incorporate any changes in final
- Work closely with Internews and Ohio State University staff
- Experience in and understanding of health issues in the developing
world, including HIV/AIDS, family planning and malaria
- Practical journalism and/or media development background essential
- Advanced degree in a relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in or significant exposure to NGO programming
- Significant experience in various training and teaching methodologies
- Experience in curriculum development
- Innovative and creative thinker
- Ability to work quickly and under deadline pressure
- Available immediately
How to apply
Interested candidates meeting the qualifications should forward a cover
letter and resume to 876-in(at) internews (dot) org (re-write in standard
format), placing "AED- RW+ YOUR NAME" in the subject line. EOE M/F/D/V
Reference Code: RW_7VXPBC-46
This e-mail service is edited, managed and moderated by
George Lessard http://mediamentor.ca
Make a donation via PayPal:
Creative-Radio is an independent forum for people active in or interested in the use of radio in development, in particular promoting public health, improved education, protection of the environment, improved livelihoods, good governance and conflict mitigation. Since it started in 1996, Creative-Radio has been in the forefront of radio's resurgence as a tool for social change and peace-building, and it helps promote best practice in these areas.
Remove _NO_SPAM_ for use
Change your subscription
- to daily digest mode by sending a blank message to:
- to individual e-mails by sending a blank message to:
- delivery on hold by sending a blank message to
Caveat Lector- Disclaimers, NOTES TO EDITORS
& (c) information may be found @
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Developing Nations license.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Because of the nature of email & the WWW,
please check ALL sources & subjects.
Members who post to this list retain their copyright but grant a non-exclusive license to others to forward any message posted here. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of list messages.
Other use of e-mail to this list requires the permission of individual writers