Gram Vaani, meaning voice-of-the-village, is an initiative to empower rural communities through participatory media.
We aspire to build an eco-system of information production and consumption by bringing together rural communities, development NGOs, regional and local government agencies, and national and vernacular news agencies. Together, we can give a voice to the rural population that can be heard across the nation. One of our prime areas of expertise is in community radio.
The GRINS box plus software, our flagship product for community radio stations is now available. GRINS is an open-source radio automation system especially designed for rural communities in developing regions, to help run their radio stations easily and efficiently.
Please read on for screenshots and other details. No other radio broadcast system supports such a seamless integration of radio and telephony!
Gram Vaani in the news
- Bridging the Digital Divide for Growth (GRINS is a winner in the Manthan Awards), Saabira Chaudhuri, livemint.com, Dec 21, 2009.
- You're listening to laptop radio, Arindam Mukherjee, OPEN magazine, July 25, 2009.
- Gram Vaani devices economical solutions for CRs, Anita Iyer, radioandmusic.com, June 29, 2009.
- Keeping the Lines of Communication Open, Jonathan Erickson, Dr. Dobb's Journal, Oct 29, 2008.
- Knight News Challenge 2008 Winners Announced Today, John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, May 14, 2008.
Information, Communications and Media Specialist
Spécialiste en l'information, communications et media
451 Norseman Dr.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
X1A 2J1, Canada
Yellowknife Land Line # (867) 873-2662
Yellowknife Cell # (867) 445-9193
Twitter Feed on Northern & First Nations Issues
Twitter Feed on Journalism & Media Issues
Twitter Feed on Community Radio Worldwide
Canadian Association of Journalists
Canadian Artists Representation / le Front des artistes canadiens
Canadian Artists Representation Copyright Collective