Search for Common Ground's Radio for Peacebuilding Africa project is calling for entries for the Radio for Peacebuilding Africa Awards 2009. The deadline is September 30, 2009. Please see below for more details or attached in French:
Radio for Peacebuilding Africa Awards 2009
Call for Entries
The Radio for Peacebuilding Africa Awards 2009 seeks to recognise the best radio programmes that contribute to peace in Africa.
The awards celebrate radio programmes which reduce tensions in groups and communities, which enhance and give value to shared interests, which break down listener stereotypes, and/or which provide positive role models.
Three prizes will be awarded in each category in November 2009. The first prize is 250 euros, in each category, while the second in each category is 100 euros each and the third 50 euros.
There are five categories in the Radio for Peacebuilding Africa Awards 2009:
* Radio for Peacebuilding Africa Community Radio Award
* Radio for Peacebuilding Gender Award
* Radio for Peacebuilding Africa Children's Award
* Radio for Peacebuilding Africa Youth Award
* Radio for Peacebuilding Africa Special Award
Our jury members are:
* Kidi Bebey, ex-editor in chief of 'Planète Jeunes' and later presenter of 'Reines d'Afrique' on Radio France International
* Solomon Mugera, head of BBC World Service Swahili service
* Marie-Soleil Frère, senior researcher at the Belgian Free University (ULB) and special advisor to Panos Paris
* Bernard Chenuaud, training manager at 'Talent+', Radio France International
For more information and to apply please visit our website: http://radiopeaceaw
For further information, please contact:
Catherine Joppart or Claudia Simoes
Independent Consultant - Media and Development
Coordinator - Radio for Peacebuilding, Africa
Mob: +32 479 421 188
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
This e-mail service is edited, managed and moderated by
George Lessard http://mediamentor.ca
Make a donation via PayPal:
Creative-Radio is an independent forum for people active in or interested in the use of radio in development, in particular promoting public health, improved education, protection of the environment, improved livelihoods, good governance and conflict mitigation. Since it started in 1996, Creative-Radio has been in the forefront of radio's resurgence as a tool for social change and peace-building, and it helps promote best practice in these areas.
Remove _NO_SPAM_ for use
Change your subscription
- to daily digest mode by sending a blank message to:
- to individual e-mails by sending a blank message to:
- delivery on hold by sending a blank message to
Caveat Lector- Disclaimers, NOTES TO EDITORS
& (c) information may be found @
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Developing Nations license.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Because of the nature of email & the WWW,
please check ALL sources & subjects.
Members who post to this list retain their copyright but grant a non-exclusive license to others to forward any message posted here. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of list messages.
Other use of e-mail to this list requires the permission of individual writers